Property management requires a large commitment of time and effort, but can be financially rewarding with the proper management.
Ithaca Property Management are local experts at all aspects of property management. We know what it takes to manage properties in the local region and coninually strive for a high level of service and quality of work.
Below are some critical tasks related to property management we can help you with:
- Setting the right rental rates: We know the local Ithaca market well and know the value of your property. We can ensure you achieve the perfect balance between maximizing monthly income and maintaining a low vacancy rates.
- Collecting and depositing monthly rent payments on time: Securing payment from clients can be difficult and awkward and can take time. Ithaca Property Management knows how to effectively collect rent and maintain on-time payments. This particularly important for individuals with a limited number of properties, since collecting payments on time is crucial to maintaining your cash flow.
- Marketing and advertising your property: We know the local market and know where and how to market your property effectively and are experts are crafting compelling advertising materials. We also own and run AHS Properties, which offers local housing property listings available by calendar year. We will include your properties on AHS Properties as a client. Get an advantage when it comes to filling your properties quickly and avoiding long vacancies by relying on local experts.
- Finding the right tenants: Finding good tenants is important to secure the value of your property. Ithaca Property Management will take care of all the details, including the securing all criminal background and security checks, running credit reports, verifying employment as needed, as well as collecting previous landlord references.
- Managing tenants: Ithaca Property Management will manage all aspects of the tenant-landlord relationship for you. Our property managers will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required.
- Managing property maintenance and vendor relationships: Ithaca Property Management has relationships with many local maintenance workers, tradesmen, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. We strive to support our local community by hiring local experts and building a long lasting relationship with them. We will oversee any necessary maintenance projects and ensure the highest quality as well as routine maintenance requirements such as snow removal and landscaping.
- Ensuring that you're in compliance with housing regulations and property laws: Ithaca Property Management knows the multitude of applicable laws and regulations to abide by when renting and maintaining your rental property. These include local, state and federal regulations, as well as fair housing regulations (such as the ADA). We can help you avoid lawsuits and fines by keeping your property up-to-date and in compliance with these regulations.
- Enabling you to to free from local requirements: If you own properties locally, but no longer live in the area, Ithaca Property Management can be there to take care of all aspects of property management for you. By hiring Ithaca Property Management, you no longer have to worry about unforeseen issues interrupting your other life plans and travel.
- Maximizing the profitability of your time: With Ithaca Property Management taking care of the day-to-day aspects of managing your property, you are free to spend your time identifying further investment opportunities or otherwise furthering your career or pursuit your life goals.
- Maximizing the profitability of your money: Ithaca Property Management's rate are generally less than the money you save by hiring a professional to take care of your property, with us taking on the work of managing those relationships.